Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Creative Space...

+

+

+

There are three pairs of finished toddler oven mitts in my creative space today, to accompany the toddler aprons. Like the aprons, they are small and sweet and I can't help but love small and sweet things. I hope they inspire many hours of imaginative play amongst the recipients.

I made the mitts using the scrap fabric from the aprons, 6.5 stitches free pattern and tutorial, as well as some iron on pellon, which I 'borrowed' from my Mother's sewing room (thanks Mum). The pattern is really good, but never fully able to follow a pattern, I decided to add some simple binding to the cuffs - using three inch wide strips of the scrap fabric folded and ironed to form the binding - as well as adding a little fabric tape loop for hanging.
-
More Creative Spaces here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...