Sunday, December 26, 2010

+

+

+

+

+

I must admit, I did indeed curl up with my book after the last post. The chores waited patiently until I'd finished the final pages. I always feel a little sadness, mixed with contentment, as I put down a book I've enjoyed.

We celebrated a rainy Christmas Day, safely tucked under the high roof of our deck and then gathered around the dining table. There were Christmas traditions, toasts made and the kind of food and conversation that seem reserved for Christmas and loved ones.

Santa brought Cohen a children's digital camera. He snapped more photos on the day than myself. Those above are amongst my favorites. The images are noisy and lack focus, the view finder is inaccurate and akin to looking underwater, but still, what fun a camera is to a two year old and how wonderful these photos are to me. The texture, contrast and noise only adding to their child like charm.

We are left feeling so very blessed on this sleepy, rainy day. Breakfast in bed. Playing with new toys. Watching cricket. Also reading The Garden of Eden. Planning a wandering walk, should there be a break in the rain. And hoping you had a wonderful Christmas too.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...