Wednesday, July 27, 2011

+

+

+

+

I was beginning to develop a case of 'the blahs' this week, until my sister rudely lovingly brought me to my senses. You know 'the blahs'? When everything seems overwhelming and difficult? When you begin to feel sorry for yourself? When it is all too easy to focus on the negatives? The positives seeming too hard to come by. It's strange, the need to be continually reminded to count our blessings. I think I really 'know' it, then every now and then I loose a hold of it. Were I to get another tattoo I think I should get, "This too shall pass", as a constant reminder.

I do feel so much gratitude though. I'm grateful always for family who know me so very well. Grateful for catching up with old friends. Grateful for toddlers learning animal sounds and sounding so cute. Grateful for sleeping cats. Grateful for soothing knitting projects. Grateful for stacks of books, loaned to me by my dear sister. And I'm grateful for being reminded to be grateful.

What are you feeling grateful for today?

-

PS. Cabled cushion blogged here, stripe blanket Raveled here. More creative spaces here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...