Monday, October 17, 2011

+

Another weekend spent renovating... with a hail storm thrown in.

I spent one whole day scraping the melted underlay off Cohen's bedroom floor. I class this as my worst job yet. Seriously, outstandingly horrible. (Though Dave says the same of painting and removing the staples left beneath the lino in the kitchen.) I kept getting stuck to the floor and was covered in little flecks of sticky black rubber. Not to mention the claw for a hand I ended up with after hours and hours of holding on to that plastering tool and scraping the tar away inch by inch. But I managed to complain and sigh my way through it, knowing it needed to be done.
+

Then three of us (thanks Fiona and Dylan) still needed to scrape over it again the next day to have it ready for the floor sander today. Ta-dah! 
Can't wait to see it all smooth and polished.
+

My dear sweet husband looking as impressed as he was probably feeling about painting again. Thanks honey!
The bathroom is so close to being finished now and most of the painting done.
+

The little man 'helping' by taking a nap after a busy day of stealing tools, hammering empty boxes and drumming on paint can lids.
+

And the entire floor - underlay, staple and nail free - ready to be sanded and polished and still on track for moving in this weekend. Hooray!
+
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...