Tuesday, November 29, 2011

+

+

+

+

+

+

My dreams of having a vegetable garden are coming to fruition. Corn, snow peas, tomatoes, lettuce and watermelon seedlings have been planted to begin with, into our freshly dug over garden bed. While another garden bed has been spread with horse manure and mushroom compost and will be planted out in time. Yesterday we visited our local garden center for inspiration. Isn't is adorable? (Did you spot the lizard in the first pic?)  As a result of our visit my mental wish list of plants has grown considerably.

We have identified a small mango tree growing in our yard, as well as what we are confident is a macadamia nut tree. For my birthday I was lucky enough to be gifted a lovely Mulberry plant, which will find it's way into the yard once some of the unwanted shrubs and trees have been removed. (Palm trees, how immensely I dislike you and the orange nuts and massive leaves you scatter beneath you.) We hope to add more fruit trees along the back fence as well as more veggie beds with time, should my thumb prove green enough. What's growing in your garden?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...