Saturday, December 3, 2011

Resin Ring and Bangle Workshop

+
Bangle mould filled with resin.

+
Smaller silicone moulds for jewellery.

+

+
Pouring resin into moulds.

+

+
Dying resin.

+

+
My completed pieces - two bangles, two rings and a cameo.

+
Mylene's display bangles, in translucent and opaque jellybean like colours.

+

I had a lovely time at the Resin Ring and Bangle Workshop today. It's something I've always wanted to do. So it was the perfect 30th birthday gift from my darling husband - who picked up my hints nicely. 

Mylene skillfully taught several of us how to mix, colour, cast and finish resin in her purpose built workshop. We imitated her practiced movements - stirred, scraped, poured and eventually removed our new treasures from their moulds. Pulling away the silicone to reveal the finished colour and shape beneath.

It was wonderful to be able to add to my knowledge of resin and leave with finished pieces, as well as the inspiration and materials to make many more. I love the look and feel of the bangles in particular. And I see further experimentation in incorporating resin into my existing jewellery practice.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...