Tuesday, January 3, 2012

+

We celebrated the New Year a midst the company of friends and family (and a friendly possum). Though we welcomed it tucked up in our beds, woken by the dog at midnight, barking at the fireworks. These first days of the new year have been spent about the house. Dave has been felling trees and working in the garden, generally after a morning surf. I have been pottering, planting seeds, nesting, knitting, reading and playing in the studio, as there have been some new additions.

+

+

+

+
+

+

On Christmas morning there was a rather large box under the tree with my name on it. A surprise from my sweet husband. I had mentioned to him in passing that I thought the Coralie Bickford-Smith cloth bound series was beautiful. This information he filed away until the lead up to Christmas, where he called and visited many a bookshop in the City to secretly amass this collection. I had not a clue as to any of this and was delighted Christmas day to be surrounded by the most wonderful books. (Another two books are still making their way by post!)

Which lead us to the first addition to the studio. Such lovely books surely deserved shelves of their own I thought, to which my husband agreed, even braving Ikea on his own to retrieve these Lack shelves. My search for a sofa bed to add extra comfort and practicality to the space lead to the next addition. I was thrilled to win this darling for only 99 cents on ebay, which folds out to a double bed.

I'm loving how this space is coming together. A light shade, a rug, some more frames, perhaps a coat of paint on the sewing table, and it will be close to being finished for a time. One day we plan to have the concrete floor polished also.



The details - The trio of prints are by Gretchenmist, the hanging tray and white frame were thrifted, the wooden hand is from Typo and a gift from my sister, the white chair was a free road side find, the camera on the shelf is my trusty Minolta from my Uni days, the white head statue beside it I brought back from Athens, the vintage sewing baskets on the shelf below are thrifted, as are the other baskets in these shots, the pillow is a thrifted gift from my sister and the throw is a crochet one I made.


PS. Don't forget to enter the Shabby Apple giveaway. The winner will be drawn on Thursday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...