Saturday, June 2, 2012

Eventually


+

I once discovered a bag of crochet squares while op-shopping. (My blog informs this was in 2009. Surely not!) They were sweet and colourful, all made of wool, and it seemed sad to leave them there. I couldn't help but wonder about the maker and her plans for them. I decided to give them a new life, though I had no idea what that new life might look like. Over the years I have laid them out and rearranged them, trying to think of a use for them - scarf? dolls blanket? - before being reminded that each one varies slightly in size and many don't sit flat. Still at a loss as to what to do, they would go back in to the bag.

Funny how things come together. Kate's month of motifs reminded me of that little bag and Kylie's gifted bunting decided their fate. With only the ends to weave in now, I believe they do make the most charming bunting. And I'm sure they won't mind being put away again until a certain little girl turns one. First birthday's come so quickly after all.

I'm so pleased to have given these lost squares a new life. Eventually.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...