Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Magic Tree

Magic tree

Magic tree

Magic tree

Magic tree

"Let's check the tree Mama," he suggests again, taking my hand as he skips to the cabinet. "Lift me up pease!"

From his position on my hip, Cohen peers at the blotting paper tree. The magic tree with it's magic crystals. We ooh and ahhh. I share new words with him which mean little now, though he mimics them and feels them in his mouth regardless. Capillary. Gravity. Evaporation. He recounts the colours. His fingers itch to touch the crystals, though he knows he mustn't. He knows they will fall off. 

I recall longing for a crystal tree as a child. A longing which remained unfulfilled until this past weekend, when I happened upon a kit in the GOMA store. I brought it for myself as much as for Cohen. Little does he know, I've been checking on it more than he has.

I do believe it $4.95 well spent. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...