Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Yarn Along

Yarn Along

I've spent more time than usual reading lately, so that the sleeve from last week has not progressed as I'd imagined. I think in part though it's also because I am unhappy with the laddering caused by the dpn's. I'm considering ripping it out, buying 12 inch circulars as Ginny suggested, and starting again. I just can't seem to knit garter stitch in the round without very noticeable ladders, which aren't very attractive. Any suggestions?

In terms of reading, I've started 'Sister,' by Rosamund Lupton, for book club. One self reliant living book has been replaced by another, 'Practical Self Sufficiency' by Dick and James Strawbridge. And I've been reading websites, blogs and books about home education and unschooling. We've been considering whether to send Cohen to kindergarten next year or not. He will be four years old. Though it's not compulsory, it seems to be the done thing by many peoples standards. I was quite torn for awhile. But the more we discussed the aims of kindergarten, the more we considered what works for us as a family, the more we realised that we are happy for things to stay as they are for another year. So we will continue teaching Cohen individually on a daily basis, continue providing numerous learning and social opportunities, while also being guided by the kindergarten curriculum. It's a relief to have reached a decision we are all happy with.

-

Joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...