Sunday, October 7, 2012

Weekending

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

For a long time now I have been, almost religiously, posting six days a week to my blog. When I signed up for Blogtoberfest I intended to post each day, and only a week in I have already missed two days! Life is like that sometimes though, don't you find? The days have been busy, but my words seemed to have disappeared. I thought it better to bow out those days, rather than try and force something. I hope to be feeling more inspired this week.

Today we ventured to Tallebudgera creek, fishing rods in hand and full of optimism. The morning was beautiful. Cohen played in the water and the sand, just as I remember doing as a child. Emerson supervised proceedings, then dozed beneath her white cotton hat. And Dave and I attempted to catch our dinner, but once again left empty handed. This time I'm quite certain we left behind us some well fed puffer fish. I like the way fishing gives you permission to move slowly, keep your eye on the water, observe the tides and try to sense what is happening at the end of your line. It's also wonderful just to sit in the peace and quiet and absorb a little bit of nature with my family. 

How was your weekend?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...