Sunday, November 25, 2012

Seeds for the pantry

corriander seeds

corriander seeds

corriander seeds

Seeds are one of the many rewards of gardening, and I find quite often that they are simply beautiful. These coriander seeds will stored for future planting and eating. They smell while I picked them was beautiful. I could perhaps have left them to dry a little longer before harvesting them, but I was excited, I had two occupied children, and I have learnt to strike while the iron is hot. They are drying spread out on a baking tray instead.

I've long had in mind a pantry full of seeds, herbal teas, dried mixed herbs and spices collected from the garden. With each season that passes this is slowly becoming a reality.

I'm looking forward to making this Moroccan-style spice rub.
Do you harvest seeds and herbs from the garden for your pantry?
Do you cook with coriander seeds?
Do you have any recipe suggestions?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...