Thursday, December 20, 2012

My Creative Space

DIY Oobee
An oobee from Maze & Vale scraps, and the diy oobee

DIY Oobee

I really couldn't resist. I'd had in mind to wait until Emerson's first birthday in February to make up the diy oobee kit I brought. Her first handmade softie for her first birthday. But I couldn't wait. Her first handmade softie for her first Christmas? Absolutely! 

So last night my sewing machine sat on the dining table and while Cohen played Lego and Emerson crawled around the legs of the chairs, squirreling away scraps of fabric, I cut and stitched these dear little oobees. Leslie had been so kind as to include some large scraps of hand printed fabric. I stitched them together to make one piece of fabric and it was the perfect size to make another oobee. I finished him off with a mustard coloured felt face (but forgot to remove the pencil marks on his face before taking these photos!) This sweet scrappy oobee will being going to live with a little boy who has just turned one.

I love how they have turned out. I don't think they could be any cuter. And I love having another handmade gift to wrap and place under the tree.

-

Joining in with my creative space.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...