Saturday, December 29, 2012

Souvenirs

+

+

+

+

+

One of my favourite places to explore, alone or as a family, is the Gallery of Modern Art in Brisbane. GOMA is currently hosting the 7th Asia Pacific Triennial, which I have been frequenting since I was a teenager. Today we spent a couple of hours taking in the exhibition. Seeking out the pieces that most appealed to us. Pausing before the skill and craftsmanship of many of the pieces. I found myself drawn, as always, to the paintings of interiors and sculptures displaying craft elements. (There are more photos on my flickr account of some of the pieces that caught my eye.)

It was quiet at the gallery today. Quieter than I had expected, given that it is a school holiday weekend. I love feeling like I have the place almost to myself. There were no queues, no rush. We wandered into this interactive exhibit and had a wonderful time. These images are our souvenirs of this mornings adventure. I love them all, but particularly the one of my little man alone, pulling a cheeky face.

-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...