Sunday, March 10, 2013

10/52

+
+

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013." Che and Fidel.


Cohen: They went quiet, so I went to investigate. 
Emerson: She is standing unsupported for longer and longer now.

It's been a week of quiet here. A week of bed rest. A schedule of pain medication and eye drops. A week of listening to the children play, the rain fall and life continue without my help. I was overly optimistic in my last post, hoping to be back in a couple of days. It was not to be. Surgery did not go as smoothly this time. The first anesthetic block didn't work fully and I could feel the instruments at work on my eye. The second block did not alleviate the pain either. It was the stuff of nightmares, being operated on without pain relief. Eventually I was given a general anesthetic. I woke up to the advice that I could not breastfeed for twenty-four hours. I had to fight my instincts that night as my husband and my sister tried to settle my screaming, teething daughter. It was heartbreaking. 

The worst is behind us now thankfully. My eye is healing, swollen shut as it is. My right eye tires easily, but there is time for cuddles, a cup of tea, a little crochet, or a little reading (large print) with rests in between. 

I hope to be back in this space more fully again soon. In the meantime be well and hold those you love near.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...