Thursday, March 14, 2013

This and that

+

+

+

+

1. When the pain killers are working and my hands are idle I have been joining in Alexandra Mackenzie's Crochet-Along on Facebook. I am making these round cushions for Emerson and Cohen for Easter. (You can buy the pattern here.) These, and an egg hunt for the little man will do nicely I think. Do you give gifts at Easter?

2. Dahlia's from the garden adding cheer to our bedroom. I hardly believe I grew them myself. My thumb gets greener the older I get. The vase is thrifted Royal Doulton. 

3. Gifted early, because I couldn't wait, my sister's Easter present. A Mikodesign DIY Freida kit. How wonderful is this?! I saw it on Maya Made and knew Fiona would love it. As usual I was tempted to keep it myself when it arrived in the mail...

4. Emerson's first pair of shoes also arrived in the mail this week. They were brought with money she was given for her first birthday. I hope these little shoes will be eventually wrapped in tissue paper, along with her baby dresses and knits, and kept until it is time to pass them on to her again. I am a sentimental Mama, aren't I?

-

Brisbane and Sunshine Coast Mama's might be interested in joining in the Peach Tree Coastal Trek to raise awareness about perinatal mental illness, and help fund the free, weekly parent meetings Peach Tree hold at Warner, Caboolture and Stafford. I'm not fit and able at the moment, but if you go I would love to hear about it! Thanks to Gin for letting me know.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...