Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Time out

Many thanks for your comments on my last post. It means much to know I'm not alone, and to be reminded that I am a part of such a wonderful community. I remember once feeling horrified upon hearing a friend say she couldn't wait to spend some time away from her child. Now I can relate. I spend 99% of my time with my children. In order to be the best parent I can be, sometimes I need a little time doing something for myself. Some time out to fill in the other parts of my personality. Time out to reconnect with my husband. It took me a long time to understand this, as I felt guilty for being away from my children. It's a lesson I have since re-learnt several times. It's hard work being a stay at home Mama, but there are so many rewards, I wouldn't have it any other way.


+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+
Emerson's bonnet c/o Tuppenny Lane, black beads from my shop - more in stock soon

On Sunday, after an Easter egg hunt in the backyard, we went wandering. Through the cane fields, to the beach at Cabbage Tree Point, we wandered together as a family. Cohen and Emerson were so happy to play in sand and water. Their delight was contagious. Yesterday Dave and I had a chance to wander alone. A lunch date. The first I can remember since before Cohen was born. What a wonderful gift.

I hope you have spent some time in happy wanderings too?

-

The High Tea Vintage Giveaway winner is - Monique's Mess. Thanks to everyone who entered!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...