Friday, June 21, 2013

Family, home, work, self

+
Getting closer to the finish line - two repeats and a border to go.

It's a rainy Friday morning of what has been a great week. The kind of week where I feel I have gotten the balance of full time stay home Mama and working from home jeweller right. It's a great feeling. Often times I know I'm guilty of keeping count of what I haven't done as I try to balance family, home, work and self. On closer inspection, I have such contradicting expectations of myself that I can't win, whatever I do.

I haven't spent enough time at the bench. I've spent too much time at the bench and not enough time with the children. I haven't taken the kids out enough. We're doing too much and we need a home day. 

Last week I felt that everything was out of balance, mother's guilt was rife and I felt in desperate need of a little time alone, a little something - even if I couldn't put my finger on it. This week has still had it's challenges, the only thing that has changed is my expectations, and yet everything has changed as a result. It can be hard work. But at the end of the day, I am so blessed to be able to stay at home with our little ones, and work at something I love, while still finding time to pursue my other creative loves.

Tonight I am looking forward to a rare date with my darling husband to see The Great Gatsby. Tomorrow I've managed to secure an (even rarer) solo trip to the Winter Design Market and the Quilts 1700 - 1945 exhibition at the Queensland Art Gallery. (Unfortunately no photography is allowed at the exhibition, but I shall report back nonetheless.) 

How has your week been?
What do you have planned for the weekend?
Are you a work from home Mama?
Any other Brisbaners going to the Winter Design Markets?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...