Sunday, June 23, 2013

Winter Design Market love

+
+
My dearest twin sister and myself. My super lovely treasures.

I am fit to bursting with inspiration after yesterdays City wanderings. The Winter Design Market was certainly a celebration of handmade, and full of temptation. Each stall was home to precious delights, lovingly crafted and displayed. Cushions, tea towels, baskets, jewellery, ceramics. I found it difficult to choose amongst all the loveliness. I am so pleased with my purchases though. A mint coloured resin vase from the lovely Bronwen Jones (which will be quite at home in my kitchen), and a hand painted ceramic brooch from the gifted Erin (because you can never have too many brooches). So many clever crafters.

The stalls, the displays, the lovely makers, all gave me such a great feeling about the handmade community and market place. I am inspired anew to create new pieces for my shop and eventually tackle my first market.

I shall pop back later with my 52 Portraits, and post about the Quilts exhibition tomorrow - another inspiration laden delight. 
Hope you are having a relaxing Sunday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...