Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Opposites Attract

+
Victoria Point
+
+
+
+
+
+

Looking at these pictures (taken with my phone) reminds me how opposite in nature my husband and I are. On paper we would hardly be an ideal match. 

He feels comfortable in a crowd of thousands. I feel comfortable at a table of friends. 
He can navigate by memory years after he has been somewhere. I rely on my GPS. 
He loves sport. I love books. 
He likes his music fast and loud. I prefer mine quiet and meaningful. 
He has a "she'll be right" attitude. I have the tendency to over think (everything.)
He can't sit still for a moment. I'm a homebody at heart.

And yet, it works. Somehow, these opposite parts of our personality have come together to form a balanced, loving, supportive relationship these past twelve years. One in which I feel safe leaving my comfort zone at Dave's encouragement and partaking in his adventures. 

On the weekend our mini adventure involved Dave talking me into fishing with the children, in spite of the rain and wind chill. I went, despite my initial reluctance, and I'm so glad I did. I wish I'd brought my camera with me. The clouds hung heavy, but the rain held off. The sunset was as moody and colourful as an artist's canvas. Three dolphins rose and dipped in the water around the jetty. Cohen and I followed them with fingers outstretched and a chorus of "Oh! There they are, over there!" We talked about jetties, ferries, fire men, sea birds and fish. Cohen proudly held the rod. 

We weren't successful at catching fish. 
But sometimes success isn't what you thought it would be.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...