Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Summer Sewing Challenge

+
+
+
Emerson 1
Emerson 2
Emerson 3
Emerson 4
 
My husband seems both amused and annoyed by my little pile of sewing items on the dining room table. This possibly has something to do with the studio/sewing room I have downstairs, where these things are supposed to live. And the fact that I keep sewing while the cricket is on. In my defence, the table up here is bigger, it keeps the children out of my studio, and the sound of my machine may discourage my darling husband from falling asleep while watching the cricket. Not that he would ever do that, of course...
 
Dear Dave may well have to persevere with the sound of my sewing machine a little longer though. I have in mind to sew an entire Summer wardrobe for Emerson, just as my Mother did when we were children. I figure, given what Emerson already has, that works out to about four dresses, a skirt or two, a couple of pairs of shorts and a couple of pairs of pyjamas. So I shall see how I go!
 
Above is the second dress I have completed in this challenge. It was made from a vintage sheet still in the packet, that I was gifted from a friend, and as such cost me a sum total of $0 to make. It's the same pattern as the first dress, minus the sleeves and a little shorter. I made 2cm wide bias to finish the armholes. I did try to get a photo of it on Emerson, but as you can see she was in a cheeky mood - the cuteness! I love the print of this fabric. I would totally wear this dress. Might have to work on some Summer items for myself next.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...