Friday, July 26, 2013

Sponsor Spotlight - Little Woolie


I thought a few fun questions would be a lovely way to get to know the people behind the blogs and shops that sponsor my blog (thus enabling my knitting and handmade addiction). My next guest in the 'Sponsor Spotlight' chair is Julie from the blog Little Woolie. Her blog is a place of creative inspiration, full of pastel-y shades of crochet goodness and piles of beautiful yarn. Julie has a wonderful eye for pattern and works with a gorgeous colour palette that is reflected in her projects and home. So please welcome Julie, and do pop over to her blog for a visit and a little chat.
 
 
My blog is..... Little Woollie, all about my creative exploits in crochet mainly, plus some of my other interests : colour, food gardening, cooking (and eating!), books and recording some happy bit of family life with my 3 teenage sons and husband.  I learnt how to crochet a few years ago, and have become really addicted to it, it is such a versatile craft,  I now have bits of yarny experiments all over my house.  
 
Recently I have opened a little online yarn shop, mainly to fill my own crafty needs, but it is nice to have a little income from something I love, and I love sharing the yarny goodness!
 

I secretly love..... chocolate coconut fudge, just so delish!  I am currently perfecting the recipe, fudge is so much fun to make.
I love making all sorts of confectionery, I have a very dominating sweet tooth!
 

Three of my favourite books are..... the first 3 that come to my mind,
The Book Thief -Markus Zusak
We need to talk about Kevin - Lionel Shriver
The Game of Thrones series  - George R.R.Martin
....... so many more, I could go on here forever!
 

I learnt to crochet..... in 2010, self taught, from a book that I borrowed from the library.  If you don't know how to crochet, I highly recommend you learn, you'll never regret it!
 
My shop is.... called Little Woollie Makes Yarn Store.  I sell lovely colourful yarns, in natural fibres. The shop started after I had quite a few enquiries about the yarns I was using in the croochet projects on my blog, lovely ladies were telling me they couldn't find clear strong colours for their crocheting, so I decided to stock some of the yarns I used.  I have a small range at the moment, but I am adding new things all the time, it is a lot of fun finding new yarns for the shop, I have quite a long wishlist already!
 
 
Some favourite things I have made...... I like making colourful blankets and softies and little decorative things, like Christmas decorations,  potholder etc.  
I also want to start knitting more wearable things too, but I need a few more hours in the day!
 
 
Many thanks to Julie for supporting my blog this month.
If you are interested in being featured in a 'Sponsor Spotlight', please check out my Sponsor Info page or email me - christina-lowry@hotmail.com
Advertising spaces range from a tiny $5 - $12 for 30 days.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...