Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Yarn Along

+
+
+
+
+
 
Ta-dah! My biggest knitting project to date, the Camilla Blanket, is finished. And I'm so pleased with how it looks and feels. It still needs blocking, but today is the first sunny day we've had in quite awhile and I couldn't wait to share it with you. So please feel free to use your imagination.
 
I love it. I still love that deep purple wool from Bendigo Woolen Mills. I still love those fan patterns. Despite looking at them for the past five months. I hope that Emerson will love it too. Her Mama made blanket. Her first birthday present. (Only four months late.)
 
There were quite a few times when I considered casting off sooner that I had intended, because I was keen to start a new project, or just because I felt I was never going to get to the end of this blanket. I'm glad I persevered. It's a great size - bigger than a cot blanket and big enough for the toddler bed Cohen is growing out of and Emerson is growing in to. It should also be big enough to use on a single bed one day too. Fifteen repeats in total. Cohen has already requested exactly the same blanket in exactly the same colour. Hmmm, how about a vest or a hat instead.
 
It's been a light week of reading. My nephew has been staying with us and I'm yet to get this months book club book. Instead I've been dipping in to the new Country Style magazine and day dreaming about a lounge room make over. Nothing major, just a new lounge, new coffee table and new buffet for beneath the tv...
 
What are you knitting and reading?
 
Joining in with Ginny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...