Thursday, July 4, 2013

three / 52

8/52
+
+
23/52
+
+
 
Joining in with Jodi to share a few of my favourite photos from the portrait series so far this year. What a lovely way to spend some time, looking back over these images, trying to pick out my favourites. My eye goes first to the differences I notice in my children, as they grow and change this past six months, then to the memories tied up  with each picture. How quickly we forget things. How quickly things change. How fleeting are the moments we capture with our lens.
 
I'm reminded once more just how important this visual journal is to me. It's all here. My guilt about the state of our actual photo albums is lessened - though I know I really should get them back up to date. So many treasures in the photos I've taken of my two babes.

-

PS. My friends laptop just crashed and she lost many photos of her children and she is in the process of seeing if they can retrieve any of them. I remember the heart ache when Cohen spilt a drink on our old laptop and we lost photos from a short period of time. I've just backed up all my photos and I urge you to do the same. Don't do it later, do it now! And don't forget to back up your blog too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...