Thursday, August 8, 2013

Made By Hand

+
+
+
+
+
 
1. The beginning of a pendant or brooch (or maybe both!), this crochet flower will be cast in sterling silver
2. Stamping bags with 'Christina Lowry Designs'
3. Making beads while the children nap
4. A new project in the works
5. A custom order

Day to day creativity, squeezed in around two small children and a cold. This is how I work. A little here, a little there. A load of laundry and a tray of handmade beads during nap time. Stamping and packaging orders next to Lego play. Crochet while lunch cooks. Knitting on the couch at night. Over a week these creative moments add up. Sometimes there are more. Sometimes less. At times it's frustrating. More often it's satisfying. Right now I wouldn't have it any other way. This is how I work, so I can be a stay at home Mama, and still express myself creatively.

What have you been making?
How do you work?

Are you missing 'My Creative Space' too? The inspiration, communication and community?
Join in! Post your own 'Made By Hand' and leave your link in the comments.
I'm tentatively putting it out there. If you are interested in joining in, let me know.
Perhaps next week I can add a link up list if enough people are interested?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...