Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Welcoming Spring

+
+
+
+
+
 
This past couple of weeks Spring has made an early appearance in Brisbane. The cool nights give way to very warm, clear days, full of possibility. There is new life in the garden. And my urge to Spring clean has been awoken. We started with the garage last weekend and I moved on to the laundry this weekend. How quickly 'things' accumulate, and how happy it makes me to have reduced their number yet again. My carefully folded linen cupboard, my rows of home made laundry liquid and my neat store cupboard are a source of satisfaction indeed.
 
My studio is next on the list. An exciting, yet overwhelming prospect. I can't wait until it's done. But just thinking about it is a little exhausting. Everything needs to come out of the cupboards and drawers and be sorted and stored more efficiently. My craft supplies need culling and rearranging, my tools need cleaning and sorting and my storage solutions need attention. I want a space that is welcoming and easy to use, with a place for everything. I also want it to be a more friendly space for my two little helpers. One of whom has a habit of pulling everything off shelves and out of drawers...

I'm sad to see Winter go, but I am hoping it will take our coughs and sniffles with it.

How do you welcome Spring?
Does warmer weather unleash a flurry of cleaning at your house?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...