Sunday, September 22, 2013

38/52

52
52

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013." Che and Fidel.

Cohen: Getting braver and climbing higher at the park - with a poor scratched nose from where he fell over on concrete
Emerson: The phone thief - anything to bring a smile to her face this week

I'm feeling more than a little poorly today. Sore throat, pounding head, hots and colds, achy joints. Which gives me further sympathy for my dear little girl, who has similarly suffered this week, on top of teething. She has been miserable, to say the least. Thankfully she is on the mend.

My high lights, this sleepless week, include a moment of sibling love in the post office and 'baby balloons'. Cohen held my hand and Emerson's as we walked in to the post office. As I rummaged though my bag for my purse while we waited in line, the woman behind me leaned in to tell me how beautiful my children were. Still holding her hand, Cohen had lent over and given Emerson a kiss and told her he loved her. It was one of those sweet, out of the blue moments that make a Mama's heart sing.

A little game we are calling 'baby balloons' has been the only other thing to really bring a smile to Emerson's face this week (besides my phone). Trying to cheer up my sad girl, I pretended to blow on her thumb as if I was blowing up a balloon and then unexpectedly squeezed her and said 'POP!' She laughed with delight and offered me her thumb again. It has become the game of the week. When Grandma and Grandpa came to visit we had to explain the game after Emerson had expectantly offered Grandma her thumb.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...