Thursday, October 3, 2013

Made By Hand - Link Up


'Made By Hand' is a weekly creative show and tell, with an aim to foster community, conversation and inspiration.
My aim is to craft a life of homemade, home grown happiness. 
So, what are you creating right now?
Join in by leaving a link below.

+

I missed our creative show and tell last week. However, I was too ill to put together a coherent blog post and at times like that I know I need to listen to my body and rest. 

This week, my creative energy has been channeled in to knitting a small sweater. I uncovered the pattern in a thrifted, vintage Patons knitting book (Book 921) and was drawn to the texture of the fabric. I also found patterns in the book which are identical to a hand knit sweater and cardigan that I found at an op-shop. They were baby blue, beautifully knit and unworn. Both my children have since worn and outgrown them. I can't help but wonder if I brought the book and hand knits from the same op-shop? And if perhaps the notations in the book are the work of the same knitter? 

So, lovely readers, what have you been making of late?





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...