Thursday, October 17, 2013

Made By Hand - Link Up


'Made By Hand' is a weekly creative show and tell, with an aim to foster community, conversation and inspiration.
My aim is to craft a life of homemade, home grown happiness. 
So, what are you creating right now?
Join in by leaving a link below.

+


Thank you for all your kind words about being accepted in to the Brisbane Finders Keepers market! (I was excited to see Christina Lowry Designs listed with the Debut stall holders on the FK website yesterday.) This weeks making has largely been jewellery and market related, with a few rows of knitting here and there. The back of the sweater is finished, as is the ribbing for the front. Now I am slowly patterning my way up the front piece. 

I really would like to knit faster. I knit in English style (thrower) and have wondered if I couldn't knit faster if I learnt how to knit in Continental sytle (picker). Last night I discovered lever knitting, which is the style of knitting production knitters use, and it seems, is the fastest style of knitting. The average knitter apparently knits less than 30 stitches a minute. (Sometimes much less in my case!) While the world record holder knits a whopping 118 stitches a minute! Almost two stitches a second. Phew!

Are you a knitter? What style of knitter are you?







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...