Thursday, December 5, 2013

Made By Hand

On the bench tonight- two pairs of silver and Onyx 'Satisfied Mind' drop earrings with Billy's button flower cut outs behind each gem stone. One pair is a custom order (a Christmas gift), the other pair will be in the shop tomorrow. :) #handmadejewellery
Satisfied Mind Silver and Onyx Drop Earrings
Earrings in progress
New works in progress
Custom make
A finished custom made bracelet and pendant in progress, featuring shells the client brought back from Vanuatu
Bead making
Re-stocking the bowl of beads for the French Market in West End on the 21st of December
Making beads
'Made By Hand' is a weekly creative show and tell, with an aim to foster community, conversation and inspiration.
My aim is to craft a life of homemade, home grown happiness. 
So, what are you creating right now? Join in by leaving a link below.

It's been a productive week at the bench this week, with custom orders, client repairs, new stock and more beads being produced. I feel like I am on a bit of a roll at the moment - fitting in bench time each day, crossing things off my to-do list, sketching out new ideas - and it's a good feeling. 

Our little bump is 15 weeks old now and another ultrasound showed a healthy, strong, little person. (The bleeding has stopped, for now, and I have my first high risk hospital appointment next week. I feel that I am in good hands.) So I am trying to squeeze in as much work as I can, without over doing it, before my bump gets so big that I can no longer fit behind the bench. When that happens, I will be picking up my knitting needles and focusing on some wee hand knits and an ambitious baby blanket! If you are interested in a custom make in the near future, I'd say the window of opportunity may close in about three months.

Has it been a productive week for you?




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...