Monday, December 2, 2013

Weekending

+
Rainy, City days
+
+
+
California Design Exhibition
+
+
+

Saturday was one of those child free days that seem to happen oh so rarely for this stay at home Mama, but is so completely necessary. While my darling husband kept the children amused with rainy day activities, I headed in to the City to meet up with friends for a cuppa, visit the GOMA design market and explore the California Design Exhibition. The market goers weren't discouraged by Saturday's deluge and the market holders sold their gorgeous wares beneath a marquee, despite the puddles beneath their feet. I secured a few more Christmas presents and mentally added several more to my personal shopping list, while chatting with the wonderful stall holders. The California Design exhibition was a joy to wander through, gathering inspiration and gazing in appreciation at the beauty and skill on show. It was made doubly lovely by bumping in to Jennie and her family, then sharing lunch with my twin sister and her husband.

All in all a wonderful day and a fantastic start to what was a special weekend.
I do believe I shall need to schedule another such day soon...



* Sorry about the quality of some of the photos. Due to the rainy weather I left my big camera at home and relied on my phone camera - which didn't always like the lighting conditions.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...