Monday, February 17, 2014

Weekending

+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+

With Dave often working six days a week, and myself spending many nights and weekends at the bench, 'family Sundays' are the perfect way for us to end one week and begin another. I'm not the least bit religious, but the idea of a day of rest resonates with me. A day to connect, be creative, read, sleep in, explore. And so have our Sundays become.

Yesterday we explored Giants Causeway at Fingal Head. The beautiful hexagonal rocky formations are the result of volcanic activity. The island visible from the headland, Cook Island, was noted by Lieutenant James Cook during his east coast explorations in 1770 and thus named after him. While the sweet little lighthouse was established in 1872. Cohen was most disappointed that we couldn't go inside.

The wind whipped the rocky outcrops to such a degree that clamoring across the hexagonal rocks was off limits, especially to my pregnant self. Rock hopping is one of my very favourite things. I contented myself with the view from up high, though we will most definitely have to go back again.

How was your weekend? 
What adventures did it have in store?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...