Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Yarn Along

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~ Ginny

Untitled
Untitled
Knitting companion
1. A new project, 2. The colours, 3. March 8th 2012

I cast on for a simple garter stitched, striped baby blanket for my dear little bump. With nine weeks to go I figured I best make a start. I'd love to have this blanket ready and waiting in my hospital bag, unlike Emerson's blanket, which I finished after she came home, as I recovered from a cesarean. I found the photo above, which is just over two years old now, and have been looking back through some of my posts of the early days with two children. Wondering about and imagining the reality of becoming a family of five, and the early days with three little ones.

I've been flicking my way through a few magazines lately - Frankie, Yen and Country Style. Yen is new to me, and I am enjoying their 'Creative Issue'. While 'Country Style' is an old favourite and always makes me want to pack up and run away to the mountains, renovate a run down country homestead, and scour flea markets for overlooked treasures. If only in my dreams.

What are you making and reading lately?

-

Joining in with Ginny.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...