Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Yarn Along

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? ~ Ginny

+

The simple pleasure of making something with one's own hands. I don't think I will ever tire of it. 

I've been watching this blanket grow, stitch by stitch, row by row, colour by colour, knowing that as it does, the days we wait grow shorter. Soon there will be a new baby in our arms. A new brother or sister. A new son or daughter, with their own Mama made wool blanket. My heart leaps at the thought.

I'll be 36 weeks pregnant come Friday and my hospital bag is packed with everything except this blanket. Soon it will be folded and waiting too.


And you, what have you been reading or knitting? I've picked up another Elizabeth Taylor novel, A View of the Harbour.

-
Joining in with Ginny.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...