Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Yarn Along

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? ~ Ginny
+
+

All's quiet on the blogging front, or so it feels. Quiet for lack of words, as my mind is occupied with waiting for baby. Quiet as I add things to my hospital bag, finish sorting and nesting. Quiet as I endeavor to keep the laundry and house work up to date, so when the time comes I can hand my home and children over to family and think only of the birth.

Life goes on and it feels that much is happening, though at the same time it feels as if these moments are just marking time until the birth. It's a strange feeling. It's hard to be completely present. These next two weeks will likely be long indeed! Thank goodness once more for books and knitting. Both of which have been chosen deliberately for their simple natures - to occupy and satisfy, without difficulty or frustration. Firstly, Family Album by Penelope Lively, a novel which has taken me the first third to warm to, with it's simple style, but which I am hoping to finish. Secondly the striped scarf I have been working on. So simple with it's blocks of colour and it's repetitive stitch pattern (K4, P4, repeat until end, repeat each row.)

I feel as if this baby is in no hurry. I went in to labour with Cohen on his due date and he was born the next day. Emerson was born by an 'elective' cesarean only three days before her due date. My guess is 40 weeks and 3 days for this baby. Though if the blog really goes quiet you may well know why!

When did you birth your babies? Before, after or on their due dates?

-

Joining in with Ginny.
Notes on Ravelry.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...