Monday, May 12, 2014

The best laid plans...

Gifts from my neglected garden. :) #roses #36weeks5dayspregnant

I woke up yesterday morning miserable with a cold. And with that my Mother's Day lunch and dinner plans were put aside and a prescription of rest, reading and knitting taken up instead. My dear Cohen has been suffering from the same cold, as were half his classmates when we Mama's visited the classroom Friday afternoon for our Mother's Day afternoon tea. But while it may not slow down a five year old too much, it certainly has quite the effect on a heavily pregnant Mama.

Still, there was the rare opportunity to read in bed all day, in an empty house. And rarer still, I started and finished a book in a single day. The wonderful Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracey Chevalier. It was the kind of book I didn't want to put down. Fortuitous indeed.

Regardless of the broken plans, my little people showered me in love and kisses, helped their Dada cook for me, and presented me with gifts. 
What more could a mother ask for?

I hope your Mother's Day was wonderful.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...