Wednesday, December 3, 2014

QCA Showcase - Jewellery and Small Objects


It had been quite a while since I walked the halls of Queensland College of Arts. I have fond memories of my University years, as I studied a Bachelor of Fine Arts/Visual Arts and immeresed myself in the art world. I hope to continue my studies by applying for my Masters in Jewellery and Small Objects once all my babes are all in school. As such, I visited QCA this past weekend to view their graduate exhibition, with particular in interested in the silver smithing display.

I was not disappointed. The work was of a high quality, the space was used effectively and I found the display cabinets elegant in their simplicity. I was particularly drawn to the work of Rebecca White and Rachel Matthews-Fredrick. Their pieces appealed to me aesthetically, conceptually and for their high standard of execution. I'm really excited about the work these artists shared in the exhibition and hope that we will all be seeing more of their designs in future.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...