Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Yarn Along


I have had such an urge to knit since taking a break from the jewellery bench. I've quite missed the quiet moments spent with needles and yarn. I rummaged through my knitting basket and rediscovered an almost finished baby sweater. Ravelry informs me I started it over a year ago...

I fished out all the pieces. Front and back complete, one arm complete, one arm unravelling where a certain toddler had removed the knitting needle. I lay it over the top of one of Oscar's shirts and the finished sleeve looked too short anyway. I dismissed it, picked up the stitches around the neck and knit the final ribbing on a vest instead. I tried it on my little one and love it! I think it will still fit by Winter. The dear little elephant buttons were in my stash and add just the right amount of cuteness I think.

In terms of reading, I have been dipping in to Monkey Grip by Helen Garner, after being reminded of it by an ABC Arts story. We studied the film, starring Noni Hazelhurst, in my high school Film and Television class. I wonder if it would still be allowed on the curriculum these days?

A classic of modern Australian literature, Monkey Grip was published in 1977 at the height of the punk movement and thriving counter culture scene. Considered to be Australia’s first contemporary novel, it quickly became the voice of a generation. - ABC Arts

-

Joining in with Ginny.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...