Monday, February 23, 2015

Pearl Threading Workshop - Recap


I think there was no better place to be Saturday morning than sitting in the sweet BrisStyle workshop space, threading pearls with a group of lovely ladies, as the rain poured down outside. There was tea and biscuits, cake and coffee, and eight pairs of hands threading and knotting their very own strand of fresh water pearls.

I was a ball of nerves beforehand, despite having learnt and practiced this technique for the past ten years. But my fears melted away as soon as I entered the space. My love of making jewellery and the joy of sharing my passion soon replaced those butterflies. It was delightful to meet each member of the group, hear a little about what had brought them to the workshop that day and their current creative pursuits. From jewellers to beaders, to those with a collection of personal jewellery that need re-threading, each participant was able to learn a new skill that they can use to express their creativity and also put to practical use.

I had so much fun working with these ladies, going over the history, creation and types of pearls, as well as tips and tricks for care, and a secret resource list of suppliers too. Can't wait to do it again!

-

I will be hosting another pearl threading workshop with BrisStyle in the next couple of months, so sign up for my newsletter to stay up to date, or keep an eye on their Craft Workshop page.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...