Monday, July 6, 2015

Brisbane Finders Keepers Wrap Up

The Old Museum

 
   Good day Sunshine! What a wonderful day to celebrate the talent that the Brisbane craft and design scene has on offer. I could have spent the whole day at the @finders_keepers market today, and a whole lot more money! These goodies came home with me - an
Blouse Alice Nightingale, glitter earrings Each to Own, spoon Keep Resin, wooden rings Clarayyema and ceramic bowl Susan Simonini.


The Finders Keepers market is my very favourite way to discover new creative talent and meet many of the wonderful Brisbane makers and designers I follow on Instagram. I love the high quality handmade items, the unique designs, the interesting packaging and displays, I love meeting the makers and talking to them about their work, giving them positive feed back and expressing my admiration! I also love to support them as a fellow creative small business owner. Which means I can't help but purchase a few things... 

I didn't apply for Finders Keepers this time, so I thought I would have a much more leisurely look than I am used to. I am usually running around on my lunch break, or sneaking in a peek in the afternoon when the crowd thins out. However yesterday, with three children and a husband in tow, I didn't get quite as much time as I would have liked. Then again, I would have happily stayed there all day poking around and chatting. It is such a positive and charming community to be a part of after all.

I snapped these iPhone photos quickly, after seeking permission from all the lovely makers. If you didn't get a chance to go, I wanted to give you a little taste. Even if you were there, I hear that Saturday was so popular, you may have missed seeing a few of these stalls anyway.

Applications for the next Brisbane Finders Keepers have opened today, so if you have a handmade business and you want to share your pieces with like minded folk, get your application ready! Competition is tough, but stay positive. I will be applying again and hope to see you there once more in November! In the meantime, you will be able to find me and all my goodies at the Red Hill Fair in Brisbane in three weeks time.

-


To keep up to date with what I'm up to, sign up for my newsletter.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...