Friday, November 28, 2008

I love op-shopping...

...for babies knits... Inspired by Melissa's beautiful hand knitted jumper for her boy, but unable to really knit anything myself, I thought I would cheat and share with you instead some lovely knitting done by complete strangers that I found in op-shops. I'm not even sure which are hand knitted and which are machine knitted, as none of them have any tags or labels! This is the first thing I brought when I found out I was pregnant, I was so excited and nervous that I hid this from hubby 'til I was past 13 weeks! Handy for a summer baby I know, but for $2... There are so many cheap tiny little knits out there, but I knew I had to restrain myself and go for bigger things so they would actually fit bubs come winter. How cute is this set - jacket, booties and two beanies - $4...
Can a boy wear this? May have to put it aside for next time...
This is lemon yellow, and so cute...
I have to show you these as well - cute little vintage shoes I found that hubby swears no child of his will be wearing!! I love them, even if they are just nursery decorations... Why can't boys wear pom poms?! And while I am show-and-telling I would like to share last nights cooking adventure. Hubby and I are not the most experienced cooks but we are learning. We have been trying out new recipe's and what better to make than your favourite take out? So madras curry powder and shiitake mushrooms went on the shopping list... I'd like to know who looked at these and then worked out they were edible... And together we made our first Singapore noodles... they were yum!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...