Friday, April 6, 2012

Out of the nest

Victoria Point

Victoria Point

Victoria Point

Victoria Point

Victoria Point

Victoria Point

Victoria Point

Victoria Point

Victoria Point

I've really appreciated the comfort of my nest these past five and a half weeks since Emerson's birth. There's been a few little outings here and there, but for the most part I have been enjoying my new mother/ home body status, without the pressure of needing to be somewhere else or doing something else. Not being able to drive for six weeks has been less difficult than I had imagined. It's been such a blessing to be able to just heal and concentrate on getting to know my new little one. Many thanks again to my dear husband for all that he has done to allow me this time, and to our family and friends for visiting and helping out.

I'm feeling stronger now and suddenly a little restless. Today I took my first leap from the nest for an Easter afternoon spent by the water at Victoria Point. Exploring the rocky beach, finding treasure, playing at the park and watching darkness fall, the full moon shining like silver. Not a bad way to ease back into the real world.

We have a few more adventures planned this Easter break, without venturing too far from home. I hope you are having a lovely time with your family too. Here's to a happy, safe Easter.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...