Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Yarn Along

Yarn Along

Once I cast off the Raglan and Lace jacket I was working on last week, I cast on for my first pair of socks. My first pair of socks. Socks! Words could not adequately express my excitement to my husband. He smiled his sweet (slightly baffled) smile and nodded, before inquiring about the golf vest he requested prior to Winter. But socks! Socks have been the epitome of knitting for me. The pinnacle. My knitting aspiration. Since first picking up the sticks in earnest last February, my aim was to one day knit a pair of socks. They seemed like such an incredibly difficult endeavor. They looked difficult. The language sounded difficult. And double pointed needles? They were too scary to comprehend. 

I have been slowly working my way up to knitting socks. Ravelry has been charting my progress. Socks are my twentieth knitting project. There have been vests and jackets, cardigans and cushions, kerchiefs and a hot water bottle cozy. There were cables, ribs, lace and the introduction of double pointed needles. And now there will be socks. 

Then perhaps lace socks, cabled socks, stripey socks...

There has also been reading and the discovery of audio books. Crafters in the know need read no further. But, the revelation that is audio books! 'Reading' and knitting at the same time. Two birds, one stone! I have been knitting round and round while listening to the wonderful narration of the equally wonderful 'The Book Thief.' 

So much to knit and read, so little time.

-

Joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...