Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Yarn Along

Yarn Along

A knitting project and a book. These will be the first two things I pack for our upcoming camping adventure. Two nights in a tent, next to the beach and the river, with my husband and two little ones. Our first real camping trip as a family. We're all excited. And while I fully intend upon immersing myself in the great outdoors, throwing in a line, treasure hunting on the beach and exploring the river, I am hopeful that there will also be time enough to accumulate a few more stitches and turn a few more pages too. 

Gretchen's second book, Happier at Home, arrived last week. I'm keen to get a little further in to the book. The opening chapter introduces her new resolutions, but also re-covers much of the subject matter in The Happiness Project, which would be beneficial to readers who haven't read the first book, or read it some time ago. However, having recently finished the first book, I experienced an urge to skip ahead. 

The In threes baby cardigan has been in my Ravelry queue for quite some time now, the yarn waiting in my basket. Despite once again telling myself to finish the projects that are currently on my needles (a blanket, a cardigan and a sweater) I could not resist casting on another project. To take away with us of course. I could not resist knitting a row or two (or 31) either.

What are you reading or knitting?
Do you have any tips for camping with children?

-

Joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...