Friday, March 1, 2013

Welcoming One

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+
The lovely Ralf
(My poor red eye is still healing after the surgery. I think I should have left my sunglasses on!)

+

+

I was so upset when my second eye surgery was scheduled for Emerson's birthday. I wanted to spend the day with my little one. When my appointment was re-scheduled I wanted to do something fun and special for the children. My sister Fiona had the perfect suggestion. Thus, we welcomed Emerson's first birthday at Lone Pine, sharing in the awe and delight animals evoke in children (and adults.) Umbrellas and raincoats packed, we braved the grey clouds and I so pleased the we did. I do love little ones in rain coats and gum boots! It was a wonderful day. Cohen enjoyed every minute. Emerson watched from the pram or the sling, getting up close to the oh, so tame kangaroos. And I held a koala for the first time.

The map of the sanctuary now graces Cohen's wall. I do believe it won't belong before we take Dada back and show him.

-

More pics on Instagram.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...