Monday, July 15, 2013

Overcoming

+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
 
I find it's so easy to feel wound up when caring for a four and a one year old, day in, day out.
To feel stressed, sleep deprived and underappreciated.
To feel like I'm failing, winning and failing, all at once.
 
Sometimes the joys of the day seem to be wiped out by frustrating and difficult behaviour.
Sometimes it's hard to appreciate the small things, because the big things are too overwhelming.
Sometimes I feel like I am hitting my head against the proverbial wall.
Sometimes Too often I just don't have enough patience.
Too often I'm not the parent I thought I was going to be.
 
And then the sun comes out and we wander as a family, letting Emerson set the pace.
Out of the house, exploring, examining, finding beauty, throwing rocks, laughing. 
I am reminded that sometimes this is all we need.
This is how we overcome the frustration, if only for this moment.
 
I'm reassured that, despite the difficulties, I wouldn't have it any other way.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...