Friday, July 5, 2013

Sponsor Spotlight - Zaranne Handmade

I'd like to introduce the first post in a new series of 'Sponsor Spotlights' each Friday on the blog. I thought a few fun questions would be a lovely way to get to know the people behind the blogs and shops that sponsor my blog (thus enabling my knitting and handmade addiction). My first guest in the 'Sponsor Spotlight' chair is the sweet Zara from the blog Zaranne Handmade. Her blog is a cosy corner of the internet with an inviting, authentic, down to earth feel about it. So please welcome Zara, and do pop over to her blog for a visit and a little chat.
 
-
 

My blog is all about... my latest baked goodies: jam drops, apple jam and brownies. Plenty of op-shop treasure showing off. My stitched creations of bunting, beanies and tea towel cushions also feature. Then there’s the still small and currently pretty bare vegie garden, the frost and minus temperatures of a Southern Tablelands winter is not really conductive to plant growth, come spring though there’ll be pumpkin vines clambering over the shed and apple tree branches, tomatoes needing staking and beans climbing the picket fence.

 
If I weren't a… nurse, I would quite like to be... the owner and manager of my own little shop filled with local, handmade and unique items. Jams, chutneys, baked treats, framed water colours, vintage suitcases filled with quilts, tea cosies and placemats, and shelves laden with vintage canisters, wooden cotton spools, tea towels and silver cutlery.  There’ll be floral bunting out the front and tin buckets filled with bunches of eucalyptus leaves, lavender and sweet peas.
 


When looking for inspiration I... often turn to my favourite blogs. To reignite my love of op-shopping after not finding any treasures for weeks I turn to Allison of Just Underneath, Lea of Life, Love and Making Stuff and Max of Blackbird has Spoken. For simple living ideas you can’t go past Ivy Nest’s Tania and Michelle of Hugo and Elsa. Vintage home styling inspiration comes from Kylie of Lucy Violet Vintage and Kim of Feather and Nest. There’s plenty of beautiful photography to get me inspired by Naomi of Look See and for my fix of country living goodness I head over to The Shady Baker by Jane and Fiona’s Cattle, Kids & Chaos.
 

My favourite season is... Winter. Where I call home is fairly cold in this season. Last winter was my first living away from the coast and the first time I got to experience the beauty that is frosty mornings and snow fall making way for beautiful mild, sunshine filled days. Living inland, I am really enjoying all the distinct four seasons.

 
The best thing I ever found op-shopping... now this is a tough one as I have many favourite thrifted pieces. My typewriter is up there, along with the pretty pink Nally Ware kitchen canisters, and the Johnson plate collection that has gotten a bit out of hand. Then there’s the milk glass collection housed in the kitchen dresser and the floral sheets and tea towels filling the vintage suitcase towers.
 
-
 
If you are interested in being featured in a 'Sponsor Spotlight', please check out my Sponsor Info page or email me - christina-lowry@hotmail.com
Advertising spaces range from $5 - $12.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...