Sunday, November 3, 2013

44/52

+
+
+
+
+
+
+
(The last two photos were taken by Cohen.)

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013." Che and Fidel.

Cohen: "Say cheese!" A camera stamp becomes a mini camera and Cohen the photographer. It wasn't long before he asked to swap my camera for his. I love the images he captured of Emerson and I.
Emerson: Momentarily mimicking her brother, Emerson was more amused with putting the camera stamp in her mouth.

Last week my camera sat lonely and confused on the shelf. Thus the absence of a 43/52 portrait. Some weeks are like that. After five years* of documenting my days, memorising my children and looking for everyday beauty, I suddenly forgot how. Like writers block, mild panic sets in, then acceptance, then eventually inspiration strikes. 

Funny what can provide that inspiration. 
This week it was a camera stamp.  


(*I missed my anniversary! It was the 20th of October. Five years blogging. Oh my.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...