Thursday, November 27, 2008

38+6 = exhausted...

39 weeks tomorrow... My pregnancy books all reassure me that it is perfectly normal now to feel "fatigue" and "bursts of energy". Right, so I am just waiting for one of those "bursts of energy", as even driving to the shops to get some milk this morning felt like contemplating coming back down Mt Everest. My brain seems to be working fairly well, it is even a little restless, but my body is awash with 'can't be bothered' and is winning out against the 'do something' argument so far! The couch and t.v look very attractive right now... And there are things I want to be doing! I received these goodies in the post yesterday from the lovely and talented Natasha, all the way from Germany, for the pattern project I have been working on... Beautiful card, pieces of fabric and a 'squeaker' (which I hadn't been able to find)...
Then I saw this morning that shellyfish has also received her parcel to test Natasha's pattern and hopes to have it finished this weekend! Now I'm feeling nervous and excited, not about the baby, but getting this project finished too! Maybe this will inspire a "burst of energy"?
I did manage to guilt myself in to doing some more cleaning and sorting in the craft/guest room yesterday, so I can nearly sit at my sewing machine again. And I finally got my wall art hung - I know, hammering in two nails is not a big job - but I had to decide on where to put it! (Overcast day photos - sorry.)
So now the bare wall going in to the guest bathroom and toilet is no longer bare, and I have another excuse for treasure hunting (when I can) - to fill up some of the gaps!
Ok, must get off the computer and into the craft room... will keep you posted on my progress. If the blog goes silent at any point for a few days you can assume that bubba has decided to make his grand entrance... though the doc. still thinks I have at least another week...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...